How would you feel about hiring a sales manager who consistently generates revenues grossing almost 40 times her salary? To sweeten the deal, suppose this particular star performer:
- Is willing to work 24×7
- Guarantees to never defect to your competition
- Never asks for bonuses or frequent raises
What difference could it make to your company’s revenues & bottom-line?
Email marketing is the often overlooked & neglected “potential-super-star” in most B2B and B2C companies. It delivers almost 3800% ROI, when done right. Despite this, a vast majority of businesses continue to lack a comprehensive Email Marketing Strategy, or implementation plan.
We at Afterfirst, are experienced Email Marketers, who help companies & small businesses reach their business goals via a ROI-driven email marketing plan.
Back in the day, email marketing simply meant sending a bunch of email to an excel list of contacts.
The current scenario, however, poses unique challenges like:
- A large number of email marketers vying for inbox-attention
- The spam problem
- Strict filtering at email companies like Gmail
This has evolved Email Marketing into a sophisticated and complex function.
Our process for this is:
- Email Marketing Audit: To win at Email Marketing, all the moving parts have to align perfectly. We study your:
- Business & Marketing Processes
- Existing Email Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- PromotionsWe then identify gaps, and areas of improvements which will help improve the existing email marketing program.
- Strategy: We create a tailor-made strategy to engage your potential and existing customer with promotional, transactional and relational emails. This involves a mix of content, targeted campaigns, and advanced tactics like Marketing Automation, Drip Marketing, and Trigger-based emails.
- List Management: We review your existing email list and perform the following activities on it:
- List Cleanup: This is important to maintain list-hygiene. This critical step helps boosts deliverability (percentage of your email landing in Inbox, instead of spam or junk folders).
- List Segmentation: Examples could be – segmentation by country, gender, engagement levels on previous campaigns, job titles etc. This helps send specific & relevant emails to each subset of the list.
- List Growth: We devise & suggest list-growth plans like a) Lead Magnets on your website to automatically grow your list b) Social Media promotions c) Contests & Promotional offers.
- Email Service Provider (ESP) Selection & Setup: We can review your needs, and suggest an appropriate ESP like Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, Active Campaign etc. Additionally, we can:
- Import your List to the selected ESP
- Setup Advanced features like Dedicated IP, Marketing Automation etc. to boost deliverability & click through rates
- Setup Tracking & Reporting
- Email Design: We can create beautiful and responsive email templates, which will resonate with your target audience, and boost leads and conversions.
- Split-Testing: We will test multiple variations Email Subject Lines, Copy, sending day & time, and Promotional offers to see which campaigns converts best. We will then fine-tune your future campaigns based on these insights.
- Email Automation: We can work with your team to create a complex chain of automatic email sequences. When done right, this is an extremely powerful tool to move a cold prospect down the Attention-Interest-Desire-Action framework. These emails are sent according to user action (e.g. customer opened the mail vs customer didn’t open the mail trigging a different subsequent email). A story-telling format is often used, to keep the customer hooked, and interested throughout the journey.
- Tracking & Reporting: We constantly study metrics like
- Open rate
- Click through rate
- Bounce rate
- Unsubscribe rate
- Leads and Revenues generated by each campaign
- Split test results, if available
We then finetune your subsequent campaigns to ensure that metrics continue to improve, thereby boosting ROI.